Physical intervention skills may be required in some work environments to manage challenging behaviour safely. Depending on the risks identified within the workplace this can involve anything from avoidance to non-pain disengagement skills through to rescue, escorting and holding skills.
Since June 2010, physical intervention skills have been part of the door supervisor licence linked qualifications. Trainers offering this qualification must have completed this programme.
This course is intended for trainers who wish to offer physical intervention skills training to individuals or who wish to train other training providers; it is not intended for license applicants.
Physical Intervention Trainers Pack:
HZL will also provide all attendees on the course with an HZL Level 2 Physical Intervention Trainers Pack to enable you to deliver the Level 2 modules.
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training (QCF) – or equivalent
- Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training (QCF).
Delivery methods & course duration:
- The duration of the Level 3 Award for Deliverers of Physical Intervention Training (QCF) is 4 days + pre-course assignment work.
- Assessment is through practical demonstration, questions and answers.
- Physical intervention skills for the private security industry.
- Delivering physical intervention skills.
- Examining the requirements of Health & Safety statute and associated regulations and showing how they apply to physical restraint.
- License to Practice in the Security Industry course compliant.
- By undertaking the Level 3 Award for Deliverers of Physical Intervention Training (QCF) you will be fully qualified to deliver the Level 2 Physical Intervention module.
0800 – 1630 hrs.
£660.00 (inclusive of VAT).