The Level 3 Award for Professional Investigators (QCF) qualification is suitable for those individuals who wish to pursue a career as Professional Investigators. This comprehensive course focuses on how to use the various sources available to research information and gather information through interview; the use of both covert and overt surveillance techniques and equipment available for use, as well as information gathering in support of an investigation to assist in the planning objectives and reporting of investigations. The qualification also looks at how to deal with conflicts of interest and emphasises the importance of maintaining security and confidentiality at all times during an investigation. The qualification also looks at the requirement of knowing and complying with the laws and regulations associated with and relevant to carrying out investigations.
The qualification is based on the Security Industry Association (SIA) Specification for Learning and Qualifications for Private investigators and Pre-Cognition activities.
- Principles of planning and reporting investigations
- How to establish the objectives and feasibility of an investigation
- How to deal with actual or potential conflicts of interest
- How to report and present the findings of an investigation
- Principles of gathering and using information for investigations.
- How to research and analyse information in support of an investigation.
- How to interview people to gather information
o How surveillance can be used to gather information.
- How to maintain security and confidentiality of information gathered.
- Relevant Health & Safety issues.
The duration of the Level 3 Award in for Professional Investigators (QCF) is 5 days classroom based training
Assessment is through two multi choice question papers and portfolio evidence
There are no formal entry requirements. However, candidates should be able to work at Level 2 or above and be proficient in the use of English language.
0800 – 1630 hrs
5 days classroom/practical exercise based training
£720.00 (inclusive of VAT).