CCTV is the major growth area within the Security Industry and is seen by many as the best system for deterrent and detection. However, it would be of limited use without well trained and qualified personnel operating and monitoring the system whilst also ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, legislation and Codes of Practice.
Applicants will need to take the relevant modules for the sector in which they wish to work or train and also be required to obtain a Security Industry Authority (SIA) license on successful completion of the module.*Please note that the SIA will charge for the license application and this is not included in the cost of the course.
- Part 1 covers the module of Working Within the Security Industry.
- Part 2 covers the Roles and Responsibilities of a CCTV Operator
- Part 3 covers the practical use of the system and assessment.
The duration of the Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations (Public Surveillance) (QCF) course is 30 hours over 4 days classroom based training.
- Parts 1 and 2 are assessed by the means of a multiple choice questionnaire paper.
- Part 3 is assessed during a Control Room practical exercise.
0800 – 1630 hrs.
30 hours over a 4 days classroom based training.
Cost of course:
£360.00 (inclusive of VAT).