Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering (QCF) Highfield
This Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering (QCF) is intended principally for those who are operating in a supervisory role within the catering and hospitality industry. Qualification holders will be able to demonstrate a wide knowledge of food safety legislation and effective supervision. They will also be able to take responsibility for the competency of the workforce and for identifying hazards and controls, monitoring controls and taking appropriate corrective action when necessary.
Individuals looking to achieve this qualification are likely to have some catering experience and be in a job role that involves working unsupervised. This qualification provides candidates with a range of food safety skills directly relevant to the catering and hospitality industry.
- Understand the role of the supervisor in ensuring compliance with food safety legislation.
- Understand the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice.
- Understand how to implement food safety management procedures.
- Understand the role of the supervisor in staff training.
- The duration of the Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering (QCF) is 3 days.
- Assessment is by a multiple-choice question examination paper.
- There are no prerequisites for this qualification however it is strongly advised that learners already hold the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering, or equivalent.
- It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 2 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
0800 – 1700 hrs
£360.00 (inclusive of VAT)